Garment Technician | Sydney
|Category:||Design and Development|
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Nov-2018|
Founded in 1947, Bendon is a global leader in intimate apparel and swimwear. We have a global footprint with a strong presence in Australia and New Zealand, and our portfolio of covetable and highly productive iconic brands like Heidi Klum Intimates, Pleasure State, Lovable and Fayreform are renowned for their continual design evolution. We couldn't do what we do without passion. It's a part of everything we do and it is felt by everyone who contributes to our success.
An exciting opportunity for a Garment FitTechnician with strong Lingerie & Sleepwear Garment Construction skills, has become available in our Alexandria head-office. This position will see you driving the quality and fit to ensure standards are met and exceeded through all stages of concept, development and bulk production.
You will work closely with the design teams with a goal to preserve the integrity of the design concept and to ensure the approved product can be reproduced in a bulk environment and meet our high-quality standards. Your aim will be to ensure garments produced satisfy quality standards in terms of consistent fit, construction and workmanship across all our brands and categories.
This role will be responsible for:
- Review and completion of tech packs, including size specifications, detailing technical construction requirements and grading rules
- Ensuring technical drawings are correct and contain all relevant information
- Working closely with the designers to assess the technical construction viability of new designs
- Managing all fittings and provide detailed fit comments & changes to vendors, amending tech packs and specifications as required
- Following up with vendors for submission and any resubmission for fit approvals in accordance to the critical path
- Approval of all size sets, bulk fits and constructions, prior to shipment ensuring all product meets company quality standards
- Managing wear test allocation and comments, ensuring timeliness of feedback to meet critical path deadlines
- Managing sample library of approved garments
As the ideal candidate you will have proven experience from a Garment Tech / QA in Intimates, Lingerie, Bra construction or Swimwear - with thorough garment construction / tech pack knowledge and possess the following:
- Strong quality & technical background and sound understanding of garment construction and grading
- Strong fitting and problem-solving skills
- 3-4 years' minimum experience working in a similar role
- Strong interpersonal skills with our global vendor base
- Deep understanding of quality standards and legal labelling requirements for our global distribution
- High attention to detail & consistency
- Strong time management and ability to follow processes
- Sound Computer literacy with MS Office suite
As well as being a great teammate and having a collaborative approach, you are a confident decision maker, organised, methodical and accurate with a good eye for detail. In return, you will work across with a number of well-known brands within a dynamic environment and a successful team. If this sounds like a good fit, apply on-line now.