Garment Technician | Sydney
|Category:||Design and Development|
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||06-Oct-2018|
GARMENT TECHNICIAN – GLOBAL LINGERIE BRAND
Founded in 1947, Bendon is a global leader in intimate apparel and swimwear. We have a global footprint with a strong presence in Australia and New Zealand, and our portfolio of covetable and highly productive iconic brands like Heidi Klum Intimates, Pleasure State, Lovable and Fayreform are renowned for their continual design evolution. We couldn't do what we do without passion. It's a part of everything we do and it is felt by everyone who contributes to our success.
An exciting opportunity for a Garment Technician with strong Lingerie & Sleepwear Garment Construction skills, has become available in our Alexandria head-office. This position will see you driving the quality and fit to ensure standards are met and exceeded through all stages of concept, development and bulk production.
You will work closely with the design teams to ensure the integrity of the design concept is preserved, whilst also ensuring approved product can be reproduced in a bulk environment and meet our high-quality standards. Your aim will be to ensure garments produced satisfy quality standards in terms of consistent fit, construction and workmanship across all our brands and categories.
This role will be responsible for:
- Review and completion of tech packs, including size specifications, detailing technical construction requirements and grading rules
- Ensuring technical drawings are correct and contain all relevant information
- Work closely with the designers to assess the technical construction viability of new designs
- Manage all fittings and provide detailed fit comments & changes to vendors, amending tech packs and specifications as required
- Follow up with vendors for submission and any resubmission for fit approvals in accordance to the critical path
- Approval of all size sets, bulk fits and constructions, prior to shipment ensuring all product meets company quality standards
- Manage wear test allocation and comments, ensuring timeliness of feedback to meet critical path deadlines
- Manage sample library of approved garments
To be considered for this role you will need to come from a similar role as a Garment Tech / QA in Intimates, Lingerie, Bra construction or Swimwear - with thorough garment construction / tech pack knowledge.
- Strong quality & technical background and sound understanding of garment construction and grading
- Strong fitting and problem-solving skills
- 3-4 years' minimum experience working in a similar role
- Strong communication skills with our global vendor base
- Strong understanding of quality standards and legal labelling requirements for our global distribution
- High attention to detail & consistency
- Strong time management and ability to follow processes
- Sound Computer literacy with MS Office suite
As well as being a team player and having a collaborative approach, candidates must be a confident decision maker, organised, methodical and accurate with a good eye for detail. Suitable candidates will have proven experience in the intimate apparel industry in a technical development position. Apply on-line now