Lingerie Designer | Sydney
|Category:||Marketing and Merchandising|
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-May-2019|
We are seeking a highly creative and technical Intimate Apparel Designer. You will need to demonstrate passion for lingerie with strong commercial market awareness, knowledge of the design process, experience of range building and fit innovation.
You will lead a design team responsible for the creation, development and construction in line with seasonal brand assortment plans and strategy based at our global head office in Sydney.
Bendon is Australia and New Zealand's leading intimate apparel company. We have a global footprint with a strong presence in Australia and New Zealand, and our iconic brands like Heidi Klum Intimates, Pleasure State, Lovable, Bendon and Fayreform are renowned for their continual design evolution and innovation. We couldn't do what we do without passion. It's a part of everything we do and it is felt by everyone who contributes to our success.
This role will be responsible for:
- Creating commercial on brand designs that fit the overall concept and strategy for the brand
- Preparing trend concept boards that identify and predict trends for a global marketplace
- Designing innovative on brand products focused on fit and innovation
- Adapting designs based on feedback and cost requirements
- Collaborate with production, technical and sales teams to achieve product execution and maintain design integrity
- Source, build and nurture strong vendor relationships
- Preparing fashion sketches, technical sketches (CADS) and tech packs
- Ensuring critical path timeliness to deliver prototype and pre-production samples
You will have a robust portfolio showing talent, skill and a variety of designs, a track record of creating successful product lines, very strong colour and print sense and solid sketching and presentation skills. To be considered for this incredible opportunity you will need to be proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop with experience in designing intimate apparel.
If you have keen attention to detail, an effective communicator and a collaborative partner with proven experience in intimate apparel design (5+ years) and you'd like to explore this opportunity further, then we'd love to hear from you.