Treasury Accountant | Auckland
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||09-Feb-2019|
Come join our head office in Auckland!
Founded in 1947, Bendon is a global leader in intimate apparel and swimwear. We have a global footprint with a strong presence in Australia and New Zealand, and our portfolio of covetable and highly productive iconic brands like Heidi Klum Intimates, Pleasure State, Lovable and Fayreform are renowned for their continual design evolution. We couldn't do what we do without passion. It's a part of everything we do, and it is felt by everyone who contributes to our success.
As the Treasury Accountant you will be responsible for managing the global treasury function for all Bendon brands. You will interact widely across many key areas of the business and maintain effective working relationships with our internal and external customers is a key value. As the Treasury Accountant you will have the ability to collaborate and build relationships with business units to support their business plans as well as providing advice on the treasury risk impacts to maximize business efficiencies.
Your duties will include:
- Cash flow forecasting and regular updates to reflect the latest budget/forecast position
- Organise transfers of funds between accounts, FX spot contracts and HKD exchange rate. Follow up transfers and payments until completion
- Set up new users and user roles. Keep an up to date matrix of users/authorisers across the different bank accounts and facilities
- Monitor and manage deadlines ofwhen facility documents are due to roll
- Payment terms and ensuring that supplier payments comply with internal controls
- Interacting with all key areas of the business, providing strategic decisions and advice based on treasury risk
- Liaise with banking account managers and relationship nominated person regarding, closing, opening and changes in accounts.
- Maintain and update Treasury policy
- Liaise with bank FX dedicated team for contracts, orders, spot/exchange rates for international transactions and financial markets updates and forecast
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- 3 years minimum experience in a Treasury Accountant or similar role.
- Tertiary degree qualification – Banking and Finance or equivalent.
- Strong numerical reasoning
- Have high levels of computer literacy, including report writing and spread sheeting skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a multi-currency environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting concepts
- Knowledge and experience in banking systems and foreign currency transaction flows
- Flexible, adaptable, open and positive in the face of changing needs
- Openly shares knowledge and new information within the team
- Analytical and detailed manner
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Accuracy – a real eye for detail and genuine interest in quality forecasting and reporting
If you're currently a Treasury Accountant looking for a unique opportunity to lead the treasury function of a growing global business, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you.