Design Assistant - Lingerie | Sydney
|Category:||Design and Development|
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Jul-2019|
Alexandria Support Office
Bendon is Australia and New Zealand's leading intimate apparel company with a global footprint and iconic brands including Bendon, Pleasure State, Lovable, Fayreform and Heidi Klum Intimates.
We are seeking a Design Assistant - Lingerie to join our innovative design team supporting the Senior Designer. Our brands are trusted amongst our loyal customers and we are looking for someone who would like to innovate and combine commercial thinking with creative output.
This role is responsible for assisting the design of structured and unstructured garments, delivering commercially viable designs that bring innovation and newness to our iconic brands.
- Support senior designer in designing product
- CAD and recolour new/existing ranges for the brand
- Assist with management of cross-functional communication between merchants, production, tech design and external vendors
- Attend and support all fittings, update sample requests and tech packs accordingly
- Provide administrative support from concept to final development
- Assist with presentations and milestone meetings
To be successful in this role you will need to have experience in Intimate Apparel design but that could be recently developed at tertiary level. You will need to have a proficient level in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Degree in related design field
- Strong creativity with aesthetic and analytical skills to blend together concepts, market information and trends
- Understanding business and product development process to accomplish execution.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to follow up with a strong sense of urgency & anticipate deadlines
- Able to drive and execute new initiatives, processes and change
- Technical skill such as fit, materials requirements, and garment construction with experience in lingerie.
- Must be highly organized, detail orientated, and self-motivated
- Able to multi task and prioritize based on business objectives
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and excel.
If you are passionate, a great communicator and have a collaborative attitude with proven experience in intimate apparel design and you'd like to explore this opportunity further, then we'd love to hear from you. Apply on-line now.